Winter 2014 Retreat: The Sexual Recovery Plan
- The retreat is 2 nights, 3 days - it starts with a Friday dinner/meeting and ends with Sunday lunch and a Gratitude Meeting.
- There are recovery workshops, meetings, a traditional Saturday night creativity hour and game of Charades, plus plenty of quiet time to spend with yourself or friends as you please.
- The Incarnation Center is a beautiful quiet retreat facility off in the woods near Ivoryton, CT. It has a petting zoo nearby with lots of cool farm animals (llamas, alpacas, etc.). There are roaring stone fireplaces during the winter and a beautiful lake just down the hill with hiking trails surrounding it. During the summer one can swim in the lake with all sorts of activities.
- By all reports the food is great, with all your meals provided for, including vegetarian options.
- All persons have their own private room. Most have shared bathrooms (recently renovated and very nice, with private stalls for showers and toilets), although a few (usually reserved for the women) have private bathrooms. All the rooms are nice and all are assigned randomly. Please no requests!
- There is limited space, so send in your registration quickly. The retreat sells out fast, and a waiting list is then created.
- For transporation information please check the registration form. Some people drive up themselves or come up in a carpool, however most people ride up as a group from Grand Central on the Metro North train (New Haven stop on the New Haven line). This train ticket is not included in your retreat cost. It's currently $32.50 round trip, price subject to change of course. Please see the registration form for details.
- The retreats are always reasonably priced, subsidized by SCA NY fundraisers, a scholarship fund, and generous donations from SCA NY members who can afford to help others. Thank you for your contributions!